dfddfd
Today's outfit is one I fairly recently featured on the blog- around 10 months ago in April 2021.
It was worn by Yasmin Khan in the penultimate episode of Series 12 of Doctor Who, alongside Jodie Whittaker. The frustrating thing about Yaz's outfits is she seems to firmly keep her ubiquitous leather jacket (literally only 4 occasions I can think of where she ISN'T wearing one!) on and you can't really see all the details of her jumpers and tops which makes them really hard to identify from a small gap between sides of the jacket. Case in point, this top. We could tell it was floral, sort of pinky, black and white in colour, had some sort of ruffle but beyond that, not much to go on. What length sleeves? Was it sheer? What material? What exactly was that pattern? What exactly were the colours? Last time I put togthis outfit, I wore a short-sleeved, wll almost sleeveless blous from Dorothy [erkins with had a triple layer of ruffles.
Anyway, recently, my instagram friend Anna, from Russia, posted a picture of her weaering THE blouse! In her search for antoher Yaz blouse (which someone else managed to recently identify, IT having a slightly less ambiguous pattern and shape especially since promo trailers had her WITHOUT her wretched jacket on), she somehow found THIS blouse in her search as it was from the samebrand- the ridiculously over-priced All Saints (beloved of Clara AND Yaz for jackets as well as Amy AND River Song!). She happened to have snagged two at a very reasonable price (not the RRP of £120) and offered to send me one. And so here it is!
These photos were taken as Storm Franklin was building himself up- my hair was going everywhere!
The most interesting part of this outfit is of course the floral blouse- the rest of it is the standard boring Yaz accompaniments-
Leather jacket- check (usual Clara one which cost me £5)
Black jeans - check (usual ASOS black work trousers used for every Skinny jean reference ever in a cosplay outfit. There's no way I'm ever getting in skinny jeans)
Yaz's Dune Pacey flatform boots- check (in the alternate black colour from her burgundy ones)
And that's that! A comfy outfit, good for a chilled day when you aren't doing too much running around or cycling!
First day back at school today was ok. Nothing amazing but not the worst either.
You?
x
That's a lovely blouse. So nice of Anna to send it to you. You always do such a great job with your cosplays, one forgets it might be hard to track some of the items down. I've noticed that often characters in doctor Who wear leather jacket. If they never take them down, it must be hard for you to find out the original top or blouse underneath. This blouse is lovely.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
That's such a lovely blouse, Kezzie, I do love anything with ruffles! And how sweet of your Russian friend Anna to offer to send it to you. I think it might look wonderful with your rose-patterned T2 skirt :-) I'm glad to hear your first day back at school was OK. It has been a busy few days at work for me ... xxx
ReplyDeleteThat is a really pretty blouse - I have a bodysuit that is a similar print. Isn't it amazing how our blogging friends lift us up like that?
ReplyDeleteHi Kezzie, thanks for your visit to my blog and comment. Your floral blouse is so lovely. This outfit looks nice on you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your return to school was OK. We must always be thankful when things go well, even when it's not exactly what we wanted.
PS, I miss all your food post. You alway eat so healthy.
Take care and have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Julia
How kind of Anna to send you that blouse, it's so pretty on you! xxx
ReplyDelete