I count myself as really lucky that I have been fortunate enough to meet up with quite a few of my blog friends in real life:
UK bloggers- Sophie and Hazel, who I've met a few times, Vix, Ellie, Melanie, Denise, Anna (technically international!), I even met Sharon on my way to work (I was crossing the road in front of her car and she stopped and called out to me!)
American bloggers Lily and Lauren, who used to blog both studied in the UK for a short time so I got to meet them.
There are still lots of you that I would LOVE to meet but the one I most wanted to meet was Ang. We've become friends in real life, Ang has been a kind and dear friend offering support to me through difficult times and a wonderful cosplay sewing darling, adapting various garments to me. If you don't read her blog, it is the most interesting, varied and educational blogs, as well as being full of heart.
Ang very recently suffered a loss when her cousin died and she went to help out her elderly auntie and nephew/cousin (help, I get confused with cousin relationships!).
I asked Ang if she would like to meet up whilst she was with her auntie, as I was aware that she might want something nice to look forward to at a hard time, at the same time, not wanting to intrude or detract from the situation.
To my delight, she was really eager to meet up and then Tuesday night, we met!
We met up at the station. I got late out of school because a parent was very late picking up their child from choir and then I had to move all the tables and chairs back in the corridor as well as locate my coat and then hotfooted it to the station. I was all hot as I lumbered down the stairs at the station at my destination to meet Ang.
It was SO exciting to meet her in real life and it felt entirely normal! We had a massive hug and then headed to Costa to have a drink (and a sneaky After 8 Mint muffin!).
The hour and a half we had to chat before Costa closed was so lovely and went all too quickly. We chatted about lots of things and I felt so at ease and happy to finally meet my friend at last. It was lovely to hear news about Auntie Peggy who I had met and to talk about lots of things in real life.
Ang very kindly bought me along 2 beautiful pairs of earrings, one funky coffee mugs and then the best, a pair of Cybermen earrings from Doctor Who which belonged to Gill, Ang's recently deceased, lovely cousin, who also liked Doctor Who. They were a really touching, sweet and very apt present from Julian, to say thank you to me for when I visited Peggy. I was so touched and of course, instantly donned them! I gave Ang a jacket I'd found her in a charity shop that I thought was very her as well as returning a book to her she'd lent me!
Handily, Ang was going to take on another cosplay project for me so I bought it along to pass onto her. She's already completed it so I hope to share it with you soon!


How lovely. I once went to Winchester to meet up with a fellow blogger (who sadly doesn't blog anymore), which was exciting.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely for you to meet. It is a very positive thing to come out of blogging. I, too, have been blessed to make a really good now real life friend through blogging. I met her again in London a couple of weeks ago and although we hadn't been able to see one another since Covid struck we have spoken regularly. Arilx
ReplyDeleteIt was such a lovely evening- I was so grateful to you for stopping off after a long day at school. to treat me to a coffee, and swap gifts - and help me through a tough family time. I do hope we'll get together again another time. We already had a great virtual friendship through blogs/emails/snailmail/whatsapp etc but meeting in Real Life was the icing on the cake!! Thank you too for waiting in the dark at the bus stop with me, to ensure I got on the bus OK . You are a great friend
ReplyDeleteI’m smiling just reading that post, so happy for you both it is a real blessing to meet like minded souls ❤️ I keep missing Kezzie every time she travels to the NE we haven’t yet made it work 🙂. Sending hugs to you both and especially prayers for you Angela xx
DeleteI should explain - a few years ago, my aunt was ill in hospital and I was unable to travel from Leicester to Essex to visit- so Kezzie went and saw her for me. My aunt, and her grandson Julian have never forgotten that kindness, and were delighted to pass on Gill's Dr Who earrings.
ReplyDeleteI hope to make it over to Europe/Netherlands/Belgium/the UK at some point in the next 5 years, so hopefully we can meet up! :) I love meeting fellow bloggers - and we seem to hit off just as well in person. I'm so glad you got to meet Ang, and what a sweet and thoughtful gift the Cybermen earrings were!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend, Kezzie!
How lovely! You do (both) look awfully happy.
ReplyDeletethats so nice - Ang is a lovely blogger and I bet you cheered her up. I am meeting a blogging buddy at the end of the month = can't wait!
ReplyDeleteHow nice! Blogger meet-ups are the best. Glad you got to enjoy this one.
ReplyDeleteIt goes without saying that visiting you WILL happen and be one of the highlights of my blogging career. :)
How lovely that you were able to meet up with Ang. I do hope that one day we'll meet too! xxx
ReplyDeleteSo lovely you had a nice time with Ang and that you two met in person. I'm sorry to hear about her loss and so nice of you to reach out to her. I think in hard times (especially when we're grieving) we can really use some company. It's wonderful you were able to meet quite a few fellow blogger in person. I only met two bloggers in real life, one blogger from Germany (she no longer blogs) and one blogger from Split. I had a great time hanging out with both of them and felt like we were old friends when we met. I think you can really meet a person through following her blog. I think blogs are often more personal than social media. I prefer blogging to other social media for a variety of reason but on overall it is definitely more safe, positive and welcoming community. No wonder that most bloggers have a blast when they finally meet.
ReplyDeleteWhat an uplifting post. I'm so glad that you and Angela met in person. I'm in awe of how many blogger friends that you met in person. It is an awesome to meet a blogger friend. I've met several and we immediately recognized each other while I went to another province on my way to a Maritime Art Retreat.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your comments. I really appreciate them.
Hugs, Julia
How lovely. I would love to meet you and Ang sometime. But we're not often in the UK.
ReplyDeleteHow accessible is Kent for you? We're there for a bit around Christmas...
The smiles on your faces say it all! I loved meeting you all those years ago, I bet Ang did too! xxx
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! I'm so happy that you got to meet your friend in person. I really enjoyed meeting you that time in Northumberland - hopefully one day we'll be there at the same time again (next time I'll presumably have a baby in tow though!)
ReplyDeleteHaving a baby in tow sounds fabulous for you, Bev. Fingers still crossed all goes well. I'm waiting with bated breath for news!!
Delete