Evening there,
Hope you are well.
This evening, for Style Imitating Art, Daenel picked a brilliant piece of artwork, right up my street!
![]() |
| Inspiration piece: Jazz Stories: Mama Can Sing, Papa Can Blow #1: Somebody Stole My Broken Heart by Faith Ringgold. |
Ah, isn't it brilliant! So bright and so many cool features! Plus, of course, it's all about music!!!
Here's my collage I sent to Daenel. Yes, I went for three outfits!
I'll talk you through my sartorial choices each in turn.Outfit no. 1 was based round this lightweight vintage blouse I picked up from Polly's Vintage at Battlesbridge antiques centre last Summer. The pattern reminded me of the stripy edge of the inspiration piece. Underneath, for warmth, I chose to wear a navy turtle neck (M&S) and trousers (Just Female)- the colours aren't quite on but I thought it could represent the blue suits of the men. My Clarks Originals red desert boots and bead necklace were a nod to all the red. This is what I wore to school today. Oh, and my red and blue Swatch watch was a nod to all the colours of the piece.
I wished I had donned one or two items of jewellery in my collection, two of which are pictured.
This Tatty Devine musical necklace would work well with the whole vibe, as would this musical brooch trio. I have a saxophone brooch which is attached to a corduroy blazer but it's hard to undo so I didn't bother and believe it or not, I have a blue drum pin badge which is almost identical to the one being played by the drummer. However, I couldn't find it!



You did a phenomenal job with your outfits, Kezzie!! I really like your 2nd outfit. Your yellow dress really pays homage to the colors in the painting. And it just fits you well, as it is bright and cheery, like you! :) Again, great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the inspiration piece, and your choice of three outfits are is delightful. That dress in the middle does indeed echo the singer's and looks gorgeous on you, although I am hearing you on the fabric issues. My favourite is the violins dress, what an amazing find! xxx
ReplyDeleteLike PP I think the yellow dress looks gorgeous, but my favourite is the violins. I DO like the T-bar shoes. Once upon a time I had a pair of green suede T bars. I wore them to death [literally]
ReplyDeleteThe yellow dress sparks joy. Arilx
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd nail this challenge! That yellow dress is fab but I hear you on the fabric problems and the violin dress is amazing, it really shows off your lovely figure.
ReplyDeleteI'd have loved to have joined in with this one but we've had workmen in the house, it's impossible to do anything! xxx
Kezzie, all three of these outfits are so fun and I love that the interpretations are very different for each one as well. I am dying over your violin dress! I have a dress with instruments on it that I had considered briefly for this prompt but the colors just were not right. Well done on all three outfits, my friend!
ReplyDeleteShelbee
Wow, your dress really is just like the one in the picture! All three of these outfits are fantastic.
ReplyDeleteKezzie, that violin dress! All three work great but that one has to be the highlight-so perfect for a music teacher. I get the fabric problem of your second dress-I'm always studying different fabrics and trying to figure out how they can best be used-the designer messed up on that one. Wonderful fashion triptych!
ReplyDeleteJazz tastic Kezzie :) They are all fab. I'm very fond of a bright yellow dress, but being a violinist I'd have to nab that one too ;) x
ReplyDelete