Tuesday, April 13, 2021

TARDIS Tuesday - Yasmin Khan's outfit from Ascension of the Cybermen & The Timeless Children

Greetings Friends,

I've had a great day, having met my friend M in Southend to do a massive walk along the seafront all the way to Benfleet and back to Southend Victoria (plus a little look round Debenhams)- including my mile walk to and from the station from home, I've walked about 17 miles today and MY, my feet are hurting as are the backs of my calves and thighs. We had a jolly lunch in Leigh-on-Sea in Stop the World Cafe- we got a lovely outside table and were really lucky as they are usually rammed but were happily fairly quiet. I had Sweetcorn and Beetroot fritters with Avocado salsa (with cherry tomatoes, onions, coriander) and a side of Halloumi plus a Smoothie. Healthy AND delicious.  

Realising though that I walked the 17 miles with only this in my stomach, having managed to skip breakfast due to waking late.  By the time I got home, I was SO happy.

Managed to buy 3 very nice bowls in Debenhams (it's closing down) to replace the two that had an accident last week.  Very similar style too. I also bought 2 unwired bras and a pack of knickers AND a 750 killner jar full of sweets!

It was SO nice to see M and have a proper catch-up.  The brilliant thing was, despite it being a really lovely day, Southend seafront was SUPER quiet and we barely met anyone on the way.  The Southend schools are back now but we didn't see lots of day trippers.

CBC came home with newly chopped hair. He was so happy to have it chopped though he's really unhappy with how grey it looks!

Yesterday was also lovely as I got the train over (and cycled) to my Mum's and we ate KFC in her garden!  I love going to her garden as there's always something lovely to look at.  Saw lots of Goldfinches on the feeder too PLUS, she gave me something exciting which I will post about soon!

Onto TARDIS Tuesday.

I wore this on Sunday- for gardening and a brief walk mainly.

It is an outfit worn by Yaz Khan in the penultimate AND final episodes of series 12 of Doctor Who.

Let's have a look at it:



She wears black trousers with a light black white and red/pink ruffle neck blouse with a white vest top (with lace detailing) underneath.  Her ubiquitous leather jacket (All Saints of course) is worn on top and I'm not sure what she wears on her feet.

The costume is not IDed at all so I have been scouting around for alternatives.
Here's what I came up with:
As usual, my same black trousers get dragged out and my Dune Pacey boots as standard.  I added my Clara River Island leather jacket which gets dragged out for any Leather Jacket look.  I wore a Primark lace-trimmed vest underneath and wore a Dorothy Perkins ruffle necked blouse on top.  It's not the best match for Yaz's but I like it and it will do. It's light and comfortable to wear which is the aim.
I added my cubic Zirconia studs as usual and tied my hair back trying to avoid my usual middle parting.

What do you think?

xx


8 comments:

  1. Great outfit. I like it both with and without a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good match for sure.
    I'm glad that you had all this time with your friend and that you walked to your heart's content.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a wonderful time with your friend 'M'

    I like your outfit.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling over the sound of your lunch! Yum! I could eat that right now.
    That blouse looks identical to me, it's very pretty on you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, it sounds like you had a wonderful couple of days. Your lunch sounds quite yummy too. We still aren't able to go for a meal, so I'm just a tiny bit envious. Love the ruffled blouse! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love the jacket with the floral ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the blouse looks like a good match.


    What a lovely day you had with your friend. The Swiss government just announced that restaurant terraces are allowed to open from Monday. I think I'll let the initial rush die down before I attempt to go to one though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you recreated this look.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)