Tuesday, May 07, 2019

TARDIS Tuesday- Clara Oswald's second outfit in The Bells of St John's

Hi there,

Hope you are well!

This is a short and sweet post from me!
I actually wore almost this identical outfit for TT last February but since I wore it for work last week, and I hadn't got around to doing another TARDIS Tuesday, I took some photos just in case!


Related image
Image borrowed from Coolspotters
Clara wears this outfit at the end of The Bells of St John's and last time I featured it, I mentioned that there was doubt as to whether the cardigan was green or grey!  Now, I can reveal that Jenna Coleman revealed to a fan who asked her to settle the disagreement that it was in fact the green one she wore! I was, happily, on Team Green, so I was glad to have the right one!
Clara Oswald and Kimchi Blue Mix Fabric Crepe Jacket Photograph
Image borrowed from CoolSpotters

It features a top and cardie from Urban Outfitters and some blue shorts from Whistles with dark tights and some unidentified shoes.

Here I am in it.  I wore it for school and received lots of compliments for the outfit. Clearly, shorts and tights is quite a quirky fun thing to wear from what I can gather!  It isn't, however, impervious to gnat/horsefly bites as I went out in this to put my bean plants in the ground (to early I fear!) and I was bitten 11 times and most of the bites swelled up to gargantuan proportions! 

Hope you are well and if you were in the UK, enjoyed the bank holiday! I spent it in Kent with my sister and CBC- she joined our 'English Heritage' club and we visited 3 sites and today went out to Afternoon tea to celebrate our Dad's and Stepmum/Mum's 30th wedding anniversary!

xx



10 comments:

  1. I love it! I've done shorts and tights as well - it's a great way to wear shorts but not be scandalous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiii, Kezzie! I just wanted to stop by and say hello! :)
    Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been without a computer the last several months so blogging hasn't been much of a priority for me until I can get it fixed. How are you doing?






    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a fabulous pair of Monsoon wool "city" shorts (£5 in their sale) which I used to wear for work with opaques back in the noughties - a good alternative to the usual office wear. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very convincing replica of Clara's outfit! Love the shorts worn with tights ... I hope you're not regretting you've let all those lovely tights go ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love wearing tailored shorts back in the day when I worked in an office.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We called our antique chiming clock "The Bells of St Johns" after this episode and my Dad (John:-)
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shorts and tights. And skirts and tights. And dresses and tights. Let's face it, I just love tights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, 11 bites. That doesn't sound fun!

    Great recreation of the outfit, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 11 bites! I hope they healed swiftly.
    I like shorts with tights but can't seem to pull it off. I like this outfit, and green is better than grey!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like a nice shorts with tights outfit. It's been a while since I last wore one, thanks for reminding me. You look lovely.
    Sorry to hear about the bites.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)