Monday, March 11, 2019

TARDIS Tuesday- Donna Noble in The Unicorn and the Wasp

Hi there,

Hope you are well.
This week, for TARDIS Tuesday, I thought I'd deviate from the norm and prepare an outfit from a companion who I have only used for TARDIS Tuesday once before:  Donna Noble.

She was played by the wonderful Catherine Tate and she was a brilliantly funny companion to David Tennant.

One of my favourite episodes was The Unicorn and the Wasp in which they met Agatha Christie.

Through the episode, Donna dons (ha ha) a beautiful 1920's beaded dress. But, at the very end of the episode, when they are dropping off Agatha to face the aftermath of her husband's adultery, Donna supports this casual look.  She wears a sort of deep red loose top with a brown buckled belt and jeans with some sort of Gold hanging earrings, probably her ubiquitous hoops.
Related image
Image borrowed from Bad Wolf cosplay closet

And here is my version of it.

I have long thought of wearing this top for this outfit, in fact, this post with the image above has been saved in my drafts for over a year.

The top was charity shopped a good few years ago as I definitely remember wearing it back in this post in 2012

Here's my pulling a Donna Noblesque expression so you can see my necklace- she seems to be sporting something similar back in the picture above and 2 below! This was my Nan's.

Image result for donna noble silly expression doctor who
IMage borrowed from Cheezburger.com
https://cheezburger.com/8437990912/funny-doctor-who-donna-noble-miscommunication-meme

What do you think? Does this outfit work? Do you wear anything like this?
x

6 comments:

  1. Your expression is pure Catherine Tate! That belted top makes your waist look teeny tiny, a great look! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your facial expression had me in stitches, and I totally love the outfit, especially the belted top! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This look suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit works really well. I like the top paired with the belt. Plus, those jeans look great on you. This is one lovely outfit!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kezzie you are too funny! I would wear the top but probably not belted and wear cropped jeans with flats. I think as usual you carry off the look really well x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got her look down to perfection, it did make me smile. That's a very pretty top.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)