Before I write about these cards, I should write a simple caveat- they are easy to make but are a little time consuming!
Remember my target to make 10 cards- well I am up to 6 I think!
The aforementioned envelopes are the materials used for these cards- I got my full-worth out of those!
A floral punch is the ultimate crafting essential for my card style- I have used these workhorses prolifically over the years. I have 4 sizes.
The large flowers here are formed by overlapping 3 of each colour flowers and then I used an old biro on a piece of foam to rub over the petals to make them curl and stand out. Glue and some poundland gems for the centre. I prefer to leave my cards without a greeting in order to maximise their versatility if they are not made with a particular individual in mind.The base card of this was scrap- from a sample card set. The flowers are punched from a smaller punch - arranging and sticking them was what took so long. The centres are from a silver Sharpie pen.
Card-making is for even the most self-confessed inartistic individual- you just have to be able to stick and punch shapes at the most basic level. Why not give it a go?
xx
Those cards are so cheery looking and will brighten anyone's day! Happy Sunday to you Kezzie, big hugs San xx. PS there is a blog post up with some interesting news if you want to take a peek when you have time :-) xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese little flowers are so charming!
ReplyDeleteThey look lovely! It sounds like a fab hobbie to have!
ReplyDeleteCorinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com
Being a flower girl at heart, I am loving both cards. What I love too is that you have been mainly using scrap materials. I used to make cards now and then in the past, but sadly I no longer have the time ... xxx
ReplyDeleteThese floral cards are beautiful, I really like both of them.
ReplyDeleteI love these cards - very pretty!
ReplyDeleteThese are great, Kezzie! Good job!
ReplyDeleteBoth these cards are pretty but I LOVE the first one. You are doing well with your goal to make 10 cards :-)
ReplyDeleteThese do look good.
ReplyDeletePerhaps I'll give card making a try!
All the best Jan
They're both pretty but I really like the first one.
ReplyDeletexx
That first one is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteLisa x