Friday, August 17, 2018

Strawberry dressing

Simplicity!! 
I think that is what I like about summer dressing- just throw on a top and a skirt or just a dress and you are good to go.

No worrying about matching a cardigan or finding suitable shoes for that longer skirt or trousers or finding your jumper layers weirdly over that shirt!
A charity-shopped top which has been worn and loved for a few years, some lovely collar clips from Katie, a second-hand Cath Kidston skirt from Depop (bargain at £6!) and those much-loved spotty Primark shoes I blogged about a few weeks ago and that was it!

It's nice to feel light and not weighed down by garments or heavy fabrics- that's what makes it even better. Much as I will hear the blogging bandwagon start up about enjoying layering up in cosy knits as they sip their Pumpkin chai lattes, there is nothing I like better than those thin layers and good old-fashioned water!

How do you feel about Summer dressing versus Winter and Autumn?
xx

12 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I love wrapping up in Autumn winter, but this summer I have created a uniform for myself for work that has worked really well. I feel comfortable in it in the heat and I don't have to think too much about what I'm going to wear, which takes any stress out of dressing for work. It's made life so much easier this summer as a consequence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what I've enjoyed most this summer - it being warm enough that dressing is just so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely red shirt...and that skirt is very pretty as well. I love the strawberry print! Great styling.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Summer is all about comfort so your choices are perfect. I find adding a simple accessory, as you do here, elevates an outfit to interesting. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab strawberry print!
    I love summer dressing, I can't be arsed with layers. I'm dithering about what to wear this weekend, we're trading outside in that there London and up here the weather feels - dare i say it, distinctly Autumnal. not happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That strawberry skirt is divine, and what a bargain! I'm in two minds, as I like both the ease of summer dressing and layering up in autumn and winter. I love having distinct seasons, and think they make life more interesting, but for now I prefer summer dressing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do think that's one of my favorite things about summer! When the cold weather first comes around I'm usually pretty excited about wearing cozy layers, but a few months later I am usually pretty fed up. Your outfit here is really cute! I love the strawberry print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit is super cute! I love winter. I feel I am at my best and most productive in winter and the weather is so beautiful. I also love the fashion and layering. But I live in a city that hardly experiences winter in the way that requires layering, so I am finding myself warming up to summery looks.

    https://anicheberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that collar clip!

    I prefer autumn to summer. Summer here is TOO HOT. It is 31°C today and that's after it cooled down - 2 weeks ago it was between 35 and 38°C. I do like being able to just slip on a dress and not bother taking a coat but when it gets up to 38°C no outfit can possibly be cool enough, and it's also been over 30 degrees at night, which does not make for good sleep. Soon it will start to consistently be around 23-25°C and I shall be overjoyed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer dressing is so much easier isn't it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love being able to pop on a dress and a pair of shoes and be ready to go! I like the cosy layers of autumn and winter (not overly keen on anything pumpkin flavoured), but summer is so much easier.
    Pretty skirt!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that skirt, it just shouts summer.
    Great collar clips too, an ideal partner.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)