Hello there,
There was no TARDIS Tuesday last week because I was away in Northumberland and we had headed up the coast to Embleton to stay at an inn and there was no Wifi! My mother-in-law was taken ill on the Sunday and we had to rush with her to hospital after an ambulance so packing was a little last minute too!
This week's TARDIS Tuesday is one that I have attempted twice before and one is one I like very much but keep trying to improve it!
In the Series 7 episode Cold War, Clara and the Doctor are off to a party in Hollywood in the 80's BUT something goes wrong and they end up in a Soviet Submarine which has an unwanted guest.
Clara's beautiful blue metallic button-down dress is quickly soaked as the submarine is under attack.
![]() |
| IMage borrowed from Doctor Who role playing wikia |
She dons a Soviet naval jacket to keep warm but remains in her blue dress and glittery shoes.
![]() |
| Image borrowed from this Pinterest but belongs to the BBC |
There is much speculation over where her dress comes from- it seems to be handmade and a one-off so I haven't seen anyone in the exact dress but many people feel it is based on a Vivienne Westwood pannier dress.
Here is my one. Say hello to the piano in the background!
It is far too hot for a proper nautical coat so I donned my navy blazer which has featured in a few TARDIS Tuesdays.
Also, I had just washed my hair so I made sure not to dry it to give the impression of 'in a flooding submarine!'.
And to top the outfit off, I have the same Red or Dead shoes that Clara wears. I did have a cute little silver bag like hers which my Canadian colleague gave me but I have no idea where it is!
It is certainly a glamorous outfit for Hollywood- maybe not the best attire for a flooding Submarine!
What do you think? Does the shape work for her dress!?


Yep the shape definitely works and the blazer really pulls the whole outfit together! Kudos to you for wearing heels! I wore a low pair of heels for Sara's wedding and my feet were killing me �� San xx
ReplyDeleteyes it works.....but those shoes...I love them! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful baby blue dress! It fits you perfectly. The blazer is lovely as well. The silver heels are so pretty. This is a great Tardis outfit....I always enjoy your cosplay and Tardis inspired looks.
ReplyDeleteYou nailed it, Kezzie, and I like your dress a lot more than Clara's. Those shoes though, they are utterly divine! xxx
ReplyDeleteI hope your mum in Law is well on the way to recovery.
ReplyDeleteRemember me finding those same shoes for a couple of quid in a chazza? I sold them for crazy money on eBay - must have been a fellow Doctor who fan! xxx
The shape works really well and that dress suits you. Gorgeous, as always.
ReplyDeleteI hope your mother in law is okay.
haha - wenchy. :-) But you straighten it out with the blazer. So much fun!
ReplyDeleteVery nice, Kezzie! I don't know the TV show, "Doctor Who", but I think you captured the look of this particular character quite well! I see your outfit as a great future SIA inspiration! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that your mother-in-law is doing better!!
I do hope your mother-in-law is doing better now.
ReplyDeleteI like your outfit, and the blazer finishes it off so well.
All the best Jan
I hope your Mother-in-law is OK?
ReplyDeleteI think this dress is perfect, I think I've admired it before. I'm not sure what I'd like to wear in a flooding Submarine, other than full scuba gear.
Love the piano, that's looks lovely.
xx
I hope your mother in law is ok.
ReplyDeleteLove the shoes!
Lisa x