Wednesday, August 15, 2018

24 carrot card!

I am wondering if I have beat some record for myself in making a card for a birthday in advance?  It is my Dad's birthday in the latter-half of June and I decided to make a start on his next year's card in July!  This is mainly because I was addressing my target to make 10 cards in the holidays and was perusing pages of my ancient craft mags and found this idea I quite liked.

 I should point out at this stage, that this card also makes use of some of the other envelopes that I received cards in from kids at school. I like a bit of recycling!
The idea for this card came from Papercraft Inspirations.

It also took AGES and was incredibly fiddly.

You have to make yourself 24 orange triangles and 24 green triangles the latter of which then need to be fringed.  That alone took an age without counting the time to stick every carrot down individually (PVA with a cotton bud FYI).  Then you have the individual letters for the caption and then the sticking down of a layer of green and brown.

Is it any wonder I decided just to draw the fork in with a silver Sharpie pen instead of cutting one out out of silver card.

This requires no tools other than a corner-rounder punch and the alphabet punch. 

I HOPE it looks good. Was it worth the effort?  I guess I have until next June to find out!

xx

12 comments:

  1. You must have the patience of a saint, but the result is fantastic. Who wouldn't want to receive such a lovely card on his/her birthday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks FAB!! I can certainly imagine it being fiddly though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post reminds me of when I dabbled in arts and crafts before children and job took over my life. I have such admiration for you Kezzie with this and also for your gardening skills too. I seem to be less domesticated as the years progress. Anyway my dear, the card is all kinds of lovely and surely will be a joy for your father to receive. How very clever of you!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's very cute. Your father will surely love it!

    I would be afraid to make something so far in advance, for the likelihood of losing it. But you are doubtless organized that way. I know theoretically that there is a finite number of things one can organize into one house, one life, but I don't act as though I believe that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my eyes it was definitely worth the effort. This card looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a cute card! Makes me want Carrot Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card - love it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's absolutely worth the effort, it looks great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lot of patience.
    Love the idea and it looks really good.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)