As I was looking through some blogposts that reviewed 2016, I realised that I have done very few outfit posts in 2017 and indeed, less blogposts than I have in previous years. I do think Instagram has a lot to do with that as has just being generally busy.
Anyway, I thought I would share my Christmas Eve outfit.
Forgive the scruffy photos but I got my husband to take these quite late at night after I had come back from the Anglican Carol service and Catholic Mass (yep, went to both one after the other)The robin dress is a handmade pinafore from Vintage Style Me. I have one Dinosaur dress from there which I bought last year. I follow them on Instagram and I know that times as a handmade business can be very hard and from the promotions running on Instagram felt that perhaps they weren't getting as many orders as they might have liked so when there was a promotion where they sent you a discount voucher, I ordered this pinafore. It IS a Christmas fabric, but I reckon I could get away with it in the Winter months.
To make it season appropriate, I wore this moss-green Topshop turtle neck underneath (charity-shopped) and some thermal leggings and boots (sadly not pictured!)
Plus, my other favourite Robin item is this freebie necklace I got from Rosebud Casson last year!!
I always like it when CBC approves of an outfit (sometimes he is a bit disparaging about some of the more 'novelty' or 'Doctor Who' outfits)- he liked this one!
What did you wear on Christmas Eve?
xx


What fun. Love a cheeky robin. I wore the "novelty" Christmas reindeer jumper my son had bought for an event at uni and then brought home declaring he's never going to wear again. Being a very thrifty Mother I happily snaffled it from him, but now he's realised that he might need it again next year so it looks like we'll be sharing it! It's completely naff, but fun. Arilx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab print and I can't see a problem with wearing it throughout Winter at all. xxx
ReplyDeleteI can't remember what I wore for Christmas Eve, I will have to check out photos to make sure. In the morning of Christmas Eve I went to mass, because it was Sunday, but later on I didn't go to midnight mass that evening like I usually do, because it was so cold.
ReplyDeleteInstead I went to regular Christmas mass the next day. On Christmas day I remember wearing a golden dress and a black coat over it.
You look lovely in this Christmasy outfit. The dress is so lovely.
Don't worry about not visiting, I know how busy the holidays are, I have guests over nearly every night and sometimes it can be so exhausting.
I wore comfy homey clothes on Christmas Eve - as we spent most of the day here. I love the robins - it could even do for an early spring dress!
ReplyDeletehttps://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Very cute! Love the differently-colored socks. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOoh, lovely pinafore, and I especially like the moss green jumper, such a lovely colour and so hard to find. I also think the fabric is wintery rather than Christmassy, so feel free to wear it all season! xx
ReplyDeleteIt's so pretty! Definitely suitable for winter.
ReplyDeleteI wore a burgundy coloured dress on Christmas Eve. I had planned to stay in PJs all day but we had to go out to take care of our friend's hamster!
Happy Christmas Kezzie. I love your Robin dress and kudos to you for making both services one after the other! I cannot remember what i was wearing on Christmas Eve. maybe a harraseed expression :-) #tryingtogeteverythingdone! You could definitely get soe extra wear out of that dress and wear it throughout January at least. Big hugs to you San xx
ReplyDeleteI love the print of that pinafore and of course it's not just for Christmas! I wore pyjamas on Christmas Day but red and green on Christmas Eve! xxx
ReplyDeleteThe dress is perfect for Christmas Eve. I like robins a lot, so I think the print is stunning. The necklace looks great too. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. x
ReplyDeleteHaha, if only I'd worn a lovely dress like this. I was wearing my sctuffy, old, paint splattered clothes - and paint in my hair too!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you all the best for your house moving and for the whole of 2018, Happy New Year :)
I don't recall what I wore on Christmas Eve. We had church in the morning, so I wore a dress of some sort, but afterward I'm sure I put on cozy clothes (ie. ... ugly) Your Christmas dress is so, so cute! I LOVE the red robins! Good choice, and good for you, supporting a cottage industry like that. Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is really sweet! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year! :) xx
ReplyDeleteIt's a fab print, you can absolutely wear it in the winter months.
ReplyDeleteI wore a black mini, thick tights and a bright pink jumper on Christmas Eve. We had my family over for supper.
xx