Tuesday, May 09, 2017

TARDIS Tuesday- Bill Potts Knock, knock Cosplay

Hi All,
It was fun doing TARDIS Tuesday again last week so I thought I'd try and give it another go this week.

As aforementioned in Saturday's post, I very much enjoyed Knock, knock, the Doctor Who episode from the 6th May.  
I wasn't sure if Bill Potts, the 12th Doctor's new assistant would be one that I would necessarily try cosplaying or dressing up as, since her style is very much outside my comfort zone and usual aesthetic. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing
Image borrowed from Bill Potts Cosplay Facebook group here
However, as I watched the beginning, where Bill wore this outfit (before changing into the dungarees outfit), I was suddenly aware that I had a few items that could possibly look similar.
Items found in my wardrobe.
The feathery evenings were a present a long time ago, you can see they are very faded as they sat on my windowsill for an age. I discovered that I could attach my matching Peace sign pin badges (Primark) if I posted them through the beaded section of the earrings.

Bill's vest-top is from Topshop and has the Chips patch attached/sewn on. Mine is a Topshop patch-brooch I bought in the sale last year. I added it to an Aldi vest-top I bought near school when I was desperate to change my top as I ended up staying at my Mum's and needed a clean top.

Finally, my 'necklace' isn't as cool as Bill's I couldn't seem to find a shred of black ribbon or cord in my house even though I KNOW I have some left over from making a necklace a while back! This is a black elastic hairband!


The finished look!
And then, this is what they looked like together!  I do have a mustard-coloured hairband like hers but I forgot to wear it! 

What do you reckon?  Can you see the likeness?

xx


10 comments:

  1. Another good cosplay from things you already had at hand. Very inventive.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. It does fit the bill.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that a deliberate 'Bill' pun Julia? Thanks!x

      Delete
  3. You definitely did a good job there, Kezzie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I think there's a way to dye feathers if you wanted to brighten your earrings, but I think they look cool, like you've been wearing them to all of the festivals for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! I like how you pieced together the two different earrings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gorgeous, isn't she? Love her style.
    Great interpretation, can't beat a feathery earring or three. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really rather good. Her style is very different from yours but it's nice to try something out of your comfort zone once in a while. Do you have any jeans? I don't recall ever seeing your wear a pair... I couldn't live without mine!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)