Thursday, May 18, 2017

April charity-shop purchases

In April, post-Lent, it seems being abstemious for Lent didn't quell my enthusiasm for charity-shopping.  I hoped it would.  This is sort of my Buyer's Archive for April in a sense which I haven't done for aaaaaaaaages!. I know that we all love seeing what treasures others have picked up at the charity-shops or car boots so voila!

I bought these 3 dresses: The Swan dress, originally from Joy Louche was £4.99 from Oxfam.  It fits very well and I did indeed buy it for this Clara Oswald cosplay.

The middle dress was £6.50 from Cancer Research  and was originally by H by Henry Holland.  It was, I am afraid, all about that collar. I was sorely tempted in that shop- there were about 5 gorgeous-collared dresses I really liked.

The 3rd dress was £6.50 from the same shop, originally Topshop and was one I have admired many times on Ebay.

The final dress from my first purchase in Ipswich and is fairtrade, organic cotton from People Tree.  It fits absolutely perfectly so I am totally pleased with it. It was £6.99 I think.
The black cropped cardigan is Cashmere and was £5.99, I think, from Oxfam- it is a great concert Cardigan. Brand new from Pure.

The middle coat was actually a present from Hazel when we did our day in Ipswich with Sophie.  She knew I liked it as I am sure I made some pointed comment about it on her blog,  (Just checked and I did here... ooops, I offered to buy it! Do you want some money!?!??!) It fits perfectly and I was very happy with it!

The brown leather-look blazer was £3.50 from a charity-shop in Ipswich- Sense maybe?  I admit this was mainly Clara Osward inspired...

The tops:

The spotty blouse on the left was also from the same shop in Ipswich as the leather jacket  and I think it was £3.00.  I have plans to add some cute little Jennie Maisels rainbow patches to the collars of this.

The middle jumper has a darling heart print black collar and was £5 from the same shop as the two dresses at the top.  Very comfy and sweet!

The bunny print blouse was also from an Ipswich charity shop and was £3.50ish, I think.

The final item is either handmade or vintage.  This maxi dress is gorgeous and long enough for my long legs. I've been looking for a nice dark-coloured maxi of this ilk for a while! It was £4.

So, far too many purchases but all of them great!

I also picked up a red Jersey dress for £1.99 from Barnados but a) it doesn't fit and b) I mislaid it so it will be returning from whence it came.

The total spent on charity shop clothes was £51.96. Rather too many items but all of them treasured!

Did you buy any charity shop items this month?
xx


16 comments:

  1. Wow, you really bought a lot of pretty things in April. I love the maxi skirt. I always prefer lengths that covers the knees a bit or below. I guess my knees are nothing to look at but they are great for bending or kneeling in the garden, hehe.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah, I LOVE that red jumper with the collar! So pretty!! I would totally wear something like that.

    No charity shops here, so in answer to your question nope ;-) I don't buy clothes much, really, but I did receive two dresses recently that I had ordered in April. One has bees on so I just HAD to have it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great stuff for so little cash! I love that smock-t Topshop dress, the maxi and Hazel's coat especially. What a lot of fun for a mere £50, some people spend that on a night out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have the knack of finding some lovely items in charity shops, the dresses are very pretty and lovely colours too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what wonderful buys

    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunnies! That's so cute! I never see bunny things in charity shops, boooo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you got some great things! I gotta say, I will never be able to watch Clara without thinking of you. You're so cute when you cosplay her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent finds indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, you've done well, Kezzie! Apart from the swan dress, which we'd already seen, I really like that stunning People Tree dress. The bunny blouse is sweet, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some lovely things here Kezzie. I adore that red polka dot top and the swan dress :)Hope you are keep well lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kezzie, those first 3 dresses are simply darling! I love finding fun and unique pieces at second-hand shops. Which actually reminds that I recently picked up the prettiest navy blue polka dot midi dress at a consignment store that is going to look fabulous with my new leopard block heel pumps. I think I found my outfit for this weekend! Thanks for sharing all of your fun buys and for inspiring me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you picked out wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't made time for a decent charity shop in ages. Perhaps I should squeeze one in soon. Used to love having a mooch. And didn't you do well?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super buys here ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, so many lovely things here. I like the look of the grey Topshop dress especially, is it covered in daisies?
    I don't want anything for the coat,. It was a gift after you admired it, and I'd decided it wasn't for me, I wanted to give it a good home.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)