Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Christmas selection box

Hello there!
I'm back from my Christmas vacation in London.  Very different for me to spend my Christmas in the city and in Essex after a good few years in Northumberland or Kent. However, it was lovely!

I thought I'd include a little selection of some elements from the main days from Christmas Eve to the 27th.  No presents really included so far.  Believe it or not, I've not opened all my presents. I only opened those from CBC, his parents, my sister-in-law (who was my Secret Santa) and my Mum. I've still got a few presents at home to open.  It's quite nice to have come home and seen them and open one when I feel like it! I like the waiting and the anticipation!

Apart from that, I've had an absolutely awful toothache/swollen/painful gum (not sure exactly what it is but it is around my wisdom tooth that has half come through my gum and isn't quite through, thus food is getting caught between the tooth and gum I suspect so the gum has swollen and keeps getting caught between my teeth- can't shut my teeth properly so my jaw is aching and nearby throat. It's been since Christmas day which has progressively got worse and made me feel rather miserable- hardly eaten any chocolate or sweet stuff and have eaten less as the days have gone on- mostly just soup and cheese today as that doesn't hurt.  Ibruprofen is wonderful stuff when it starts working- it's just been horrible waking up in the middle of the night when it wears off!

Anyway, here's some extracts from the last few days which I have enjoyed:

 23rd- CBC's new raincoat arrives! We magically coordinate! Lovely to spend time together!
 Going to the local Craft beer place with CBC and N!  Had a nice time, went home via Waitrose and bought vegetarian lasagnas-spent the evening over at N's!
Christmas Eve-
Taking part in my first Christingle marathon.  My church does 4 Christingle services with tea afterwards.  I took part playing my flute for 3 of them- it was wonderful to be part of.  Over 800 people attended these services from the local community! The 2nd one was crammed alone with 270 people. It was a lovely service and the tea was delicious too!
 My Christmas Eve outfit! Christmas jumper with yet another combination of accompanying garments!

 Christmas morning- having had dinner at my sister-in-law's the previous night, we woke up in our first London Christmas. Having a first breakfast and then a second one when we joined the rest of the family out in Essex!
Present opening time- I had some nice pressie more about that- check out the brilliant Mathematical clock that WOMOTM got!
 Christmas day walk- rainy and yucky but it was good to get fresh air before dinner!
Christmas day outfit- dresses with long sleeves- appropriate in winter and summer!

 Christmas day bling- an interesting present someone male bought for their wife but was really for them. My Punkypins necklace again!
Obligatory Christmas dinner shot- Mmmm!  Didn't over eat-toothache saw to that! Look, I got the Hare cracker!
Boxing Day- everyone came up to London! We helped WKWTTG (brother in law) prepare a Vegetarian feast- Sweet potato, spinach dahl, coconut chutney, roasted butternut squash, swede, celeriac, Indian samosas and bhajees, salads, aubergines, mint and yoghurt dip.


A canal-side walk through the docklands!   
Interesting sights on our walk!

It was a lovely couple of days!
I'll share what we did on the 27th and 28th soon!

Hope all is well and you are all happy.
xx

21 comments:

  1. Nice report. Hope your mouth feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice selection of shots. Glad you are able to still enjoy yourself despire the difficulties. That Ibuprofen has been a lifesaver for me in my illness but yes, I sure know the minute it wears off. Hot and ouchy! The balloons on the crib are such a sweet touch, that shot really moved me. The math clock is completely cool and those varmint ornaments are precious. Your Christmas day dress is so wintry and sweet! Very wonderful to see those white tights too!! I hope you will share them further with us but even that much was a big wow for me tonight! If you could not tell, I am feeling much better by now :) And I leave you with this: The past is just like the future only a little while before the present was somewhat resembling the past. You may need something stronger than Ibuprofen to suss that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel the whirlwind of this Christmas in these photos, the food, the family, the change of scene, but it must be nice to be home again, especially with a tooth ache - sorry to hear about it. I hope you get it taken care of soon!
    Eight hundred people for services - that's a lot of people! And you played for them. I'm in awe how you can be so calm performing in front of a crowd. That's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time despite the toothache - get to a dentist! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally the worst day to get it-still 4days before they reopen again! I hope I can get an appointment in the 3hours they are open this week!

      Delete
  5. Aside from the tooth business it sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, a toothache during holidays it's such an annoyance. It looks like you had fun despite it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dress twinning AND toothache twinning too (although, I wish we weren't twinning in the toothache department) Bloomin' wisdom teeth, hope they're easing up now! On a brighter note, I do that with presents too! It always feels lovely to have presents waiting :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your Xmas Day dress! Sounds like you had a good Christmas (apart from the toothache). The vegetarian feast looks lush.

    Liz x
    href="http://www.distractmenowplease.blogspot.com/">Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear Kezzie, that wisdom tooth ache sound really serious. My granddaughter had to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out. She was in such pain from impacted wisdom teethes.I hope you can get relief soon.

    The food looks so good and so well laid out. Being with family for Christmas is so wonderful.

    I love that blue winter dress. You look like a winter queen.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha unplanned coordination is the best!

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christingle? Is that when you hear "Silent Night" at midnight service and feel the special quiet magic of Christmas, tingling through your soul?

    Looks like a lovely Christmas, but too bad about the toothache. Was there some brandy to help apply direct relief? The vegetarian food looks especially yummy, and the walk looks interesting. I do love an urban stroll with graffiti!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas in all its' glory. Christingle marathon sounds lovely. Beautiful Christmas Day dress - you look adorable. Veggie Boxing Day meal really does prove that meat is not actually necessary! All topped off with a wander around Docklands. And we've only got as far as the 26th!!!!
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you were born to wear flower crowns! Why is it that tooth problems always arise during the holidays when all of the dentists are on vacation? It happens to someone in our family every year. Hope you're munching pain free very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had problems with my wisdom tooth as well over Christmas. Was advised to rinse with salt water to kill any infection. Helped to keep pain down till dentist returns

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meant to say try Nuromol; it's what my dentist recommends. Mind you, with the recent news about certain painkillers for specified area being a con, maybe not!! But I swear by it for tooth pain!
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry to hear about your tooth problems...I hope you feel better by now. Wonderful Christmas photos! You played for 3 services on Christmas? Why, that is really impressive. I know there was tea afterwards, but I think it is such a nice thing you are so involved...church often brings the community together and it is great that the church was visited by so many people.

    I absolutely love your Christmas eve outfit...Adorable sweater, so well paired with that skirt and those white tights..pure perfection!

    Have you opened all the presents by now? This year I didn't get any wrapped presents and I kind of miss the suspense of opening them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no! Badly timed christmas tooth ache is badly timed :( What a poo!
    I hope you feel better soon ^_^
    Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family :D Your blue christmas day dress is just THE PRETTIEST :D
    Happy New year Kezzie! :D <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really hope the tooth issue is sorted soon for you, I've had various gum/abscess issues this year so you have my sympathies.
    Lovely catch up of your festive time, lots of good fun and good food with good company, excellent combo.
    Love your Christmas day dress, just perfect.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12:53 pm

    I like present anticipation too! I'm always the last opening gifts.

    Huzzah for hares! I got hare things for birthday and Christmas which I was very pleased with.

    Is the skirt Lindy Bop? It's very pretty. I had a similar one as a gift.

    I hope your tooth isn't hurting too much *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to hear about your tooth! That sounds horrid :(

    But very pleased to see that you still managed to have such lovely celebrations with family and friends (that Boxing Day buffet... oh my...) and looked fabulous whilst doing so! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)