
........
........
........
.......
.......
No, not really, but I wonder if you thought I was for real? Couldn't resist the swan song joke! I can't imagine giving up blogging- I'm going to be celebrating my 9th blogiversary soon! Sophie was talking about her 3rd Blogiversary today and how blogging has enhanced her life!
Anyway, I thought I'd share my lovely jumper with you- this is an unusual outfit for me in many ways and probably only one that blogging would have encouraged me to wear. I have long disliked tight trousers but seeing lots of bloggy lovelies in them and wishing I found them remotely comfy, I ordered a pair from ASOS - classic black trousers are really useful for me for concerts, and found that I don't mind tight trousers in this type of material- it must just be denim and thicker materials that I hate! Also, I don't usually do beige/cream like this- but since it was THAT swan jumper, I couldn't help it! And it goes with my beigey crocheted beret!

(sorry about the Amelie-style shot. Aren't the bags under my eyes HUGE?!?!?!! I know I could do makeup but I don't want to- save it for special occasions!)
Decided to do a Lauren, Someonelikeyou and add light coloured shoes to the mix! So, yes, it is a bit bloggy.

And where would a blogger be without a kitsh, Alice in Wonderland, vintage-image necklace!? And faded rose earrings?
Go back to that first picture:

Look at that wonderful HUGE space- it's double the size of that- that's my music room currently. See those empty display boards? Got to fill them! Guess what I spent 10 mins of my PPA doing today? Something I never imagined I would do at work.
Hoovering! The carpet was really really grim and I've discovered it's not somehow made its way onto the cleaning rota yet- I'm remedying that, but in the meantime, I just wanted a clean carpet! This is only my temporary space for a year or less maybe but I want it to be nice whilst I am here. It's a bit of a blank canvas at the moment but it's going to get there... It's ssoooo nice to be over here- my ears are really happy- having that bit more room makes the sound of 3 groups of 6 children simultaneously playing (hurrah, I can send two groups outside into breakout spaces) somewhat bearable!
I've been trying to be really productive after school this week, staying till close at 6.30 to try and get work done. CBC keeps complaining I'm home too late but I've got so much to do!!
I am so cross!!! I had scheduled a Georgette Heyer book review post for tonight and then the other night, I was going through my drafts box to delete a WHOLE host of unfinished, now redundant blog drafts and somehow was a bit too gungho clicking on the delete button so I'm presuming it's been deleted as it is nowhere!!!! Grrrrrr, so I did this post instead!
Hope you are well x
Outfit details:
Jumper: Sugarhill boutique
Beret, ballet pumps: Primark, old
Trousers: ASOS
Alice necklace: gift from deputy head
Earrings: gift from old teacher colleague
Linking up to the Style Crone's Hat Attack
You scared me! I can't imagine the blogosphere without you.
ReplyDeleteLove the jumper. And necklace. Skinny trousers suit you.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, he blogging world can be very life enhancing.
Lisa x
I keep forgetting to say - and the beret reminded me - the lovely pale turquoise gloves and beret you sent me last year go brilliantly with my swish new winter coat. I get compliments whenever I wear them - and I think fondly of you each time!! Blessings xx
ReplyDeleteLove love love this swan jumper!!
ReplyDeletei got very disappointed at first. phew...glad it's not true!! i love that sweater!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you were only teasing, your posts are always a breath of fresh air! Love the swans and the beret worn at a rakish angle and yes, blogging has enhanced my life, too. x
ReplyDeleteYou gave me a scare, and then a laugh! Have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that was only a joke about the swan song! Nine years - wow, that's amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat jumper is so cute, and I really love that necklace. I'm trying to figure out how I can recreate it to make one for myself.
That's a great jumper and it's great that you have your own, larger space for a while. I would have had to hoover the floor too - I noticed the floor before your jumper if I'm honest, but I'm like that!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I got the news I was waiting for this week - it wasn't what I was hoping to hear unfortunately so I'm hoping some else comes along soon.
But...but...I just got here.
ReplyDeleteOh, whew, staying. Yay!!!
Adorable, non-Bjork-ish swan apparel, dear. And the necklaces are very cute.
That's a lovely jumper, the whole outfit is scrumptious :)
ReplyDeleteYour new space looks huge! Glad you're enjoying it.
Love your swan jumper and oh wow 9 years,,, I feel like I've had mine forever, whooo wow you just reminded me mines is 3 in 18 days :)
ReplyDeleteNine years blogging. That's amazing!
ReplyDeleteI didn't believe you, you looked too happy in your picture!;)
ReplyDeleteGreat jumper and what a fab space for creativity x
I want the swan shirt! And the Alice in Wonderland necklace! And the beret! Yay!
ReplyDeleteGosh I hate when that happens-I always triple check and still doubt myself on what I'm deleting. Nice to hear someone else has drafts they never get round to publishing! This jumper is so pretty and that necklace is gorgeous! Lovely big blank canvas room to work on, keen to see what magic you do with it.
ReplyDelete