Here I have an update on books I have read over the last month or so. Not really had much time to update the list as my home laptop died and I have no internet connection! There are some great books here which I have enjoyed and some that are so so...
22. Henrik Ibsen Peer Gynt
Weird, weird, weird! I always wondered what the music was about. Wish I hadn't asked!
23. Oscar Wilde The Happy prince and other short stories.
Beautiful, heart-wrenching, well-written, shocking, imaginative.
24. Tom Cox Under the paw- confessions of a cat man.
Hilarious. Who, who has owned cats, cannot identify with this! Even if you haven't, hugely entertaining.
25. Jane Peart The secret of Octagon house
Bit Mills and Boonesque in the romance department but intriguing!
26. MACOMBER, Debbie Twenty wishes.
Lovely book, typical American feelgood stylie.
27. FLEMING, Ian The man with the golden gun.
Very different to 'The Spy who loved me' I enjoyed it. That Bond is a bit of a cad though!
28. MILLINGTON, Mil. Things my girlfriend and I have argued about.
Took a while to get into- you really wanted to bang his head against a wall and go "No, don't do it!"
29. JERRY B JENKINS & TIM LA HAYE Left Behind- facing the future.
Interesting read.
30. Lauren Weisenberger Everyone worth knowing.
In many ways, similar to "The Devil wears Prada"- interesting look into the life of New York party girl
31. Phillippa Pearce The Little Gentleman.
Lovely book as is to be expected from Ms Pearce. Lovely and magical like "Tom's midnight garden" I enjoyed it!
32. Enid Blyton Here’s the naughtiest girl!
I didn't know she wrote a 4th book, but I found a boxed set in Cogito Books in Hexham (Lovely bookstore!) and couldn't resist. Purely for the classroom of course...
33.Anne Digby The naughtiest girl keeps a secret
Obviously, someone else took up Ms Blyton's mantle. A good book!
34 Roald Dahl More tales of the unexpected.
Weird, crazy, slightly sick, funny and you don't see the twist coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)