Tuesday, August 10, 2021

TARDIS Tuesday- Peri Brown from Attack of the Cybermen

This week for TARDIS Tuesday, we have an 80's cacophony of colour to contend with from one Miss Perpigillian or Peri Brown, companion to the equally brightly dressed 6th Doctor!

Here is a collage of images of her outfit from my friend Tamsin:

Image borrowed from:
https://theultimateguidetothefashionofdoctorwho.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/peri-brown-attack-of-the-cybermen/


And here is my attempt:


Here is my version!
I must just put a disclaimer that I didn't really have a huge intention of doing this cosplay outfit UNLESS I saw the items very cheaply from a charity shop!
And so it was that, I went into my local charity shop to have a little look after posting a parcel (of cosplay clothes to my friend in Aus) and there, on the rails was both a pink top AND shorts priced £3.00 and £3.25 respectively! And for the price of a sandwich in a standard cafe plus a donation to charity, it seemed rude not to take advantage.

I already had a turquoise belt and bracelet plus pale pink shoes (all from Primark about a decade ago) and it was a simple matter to find a pair of round earrings  (you can't actually see them) and a turquoise ribbon from a present to complete the look!

I'm not used to wearing this shade of pink but I'm very pleased with how this came out. The moment I finished taking these photos, it tipped it down with rain and I had to bring various clothes horses, covered with washing, in.
Peri wore quite a few variations on this outfit so stayed tuned for something a bit similar at some point! I can foresee a few versions of something like this at some point soon!

I completed a grant application for school today as its deadline is tomorrow and I was waiting on a part of the application from someone else.  Coupled with needing to do a bit of cleaning and waking up horrendously late, I feel I've wasted this GORGEOUS DAY inside! Typical!

What do you think?

xxx
P.S. Thank you for all your kind anniversary wishes!

9 comments:

  1. I love this shade of pink on you, Kezzie! It gives your skin a nice glow. The shorts are immensely flattering - I could see them with a crisp white shirt, or a lacy Victorian blouse.

    It's okay to waste a sunny day - you have to do what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that shade of pink on you, it really suits you! The shorts are a great fit, they look lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Sheila and Vix- this shade of pinks looks great on you. It's perfect for summer. So great you gave this outfit a chance. The top and the bermuda shorts is a great pairing. This is something I can imagine myself wearing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love this look. It's something I would wear, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely PERFECT! It could literally be her outfit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually squealed when I saw this outfit on Instagram. I agree with the other commentors that this shade of pink really suits you, Kezzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find in a thrift shop Kezzie; that shade of pink looks lovely on you.
    I have followed your blog for a while now and enjoy TARDIS Tuesday, so decided it was about time I left you a comment.
    It’s fine to have a rest and never a waste. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go pink !!! Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous in the pink xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)