How are you? Well,I hope. All is good here- I am preparing for a wedding. It is CBC's Head of department and we are playing instruments for it! Me- my viola- boo!
I thought I'd share this outfit from a few weeks ago. I don't usually pair turquoise and red together but somehow, the bits of turquoise in this Joanie Girl Portuguese skirt asked for it. Nice and wafty if you are wondering- have to iron it though!
Accessory wise- it seemed a good idea to stick to the two colours with my Croatian Watermelon earrings, Balloon and Tatty Devine birds.
Cool and simple is what my conclusion was from this outfit. Now, let's wait until I can be bothered to iron again before you see it again! Actually, that said, I have pretty much completed my annual Summer holiday ironing marathon. CBC cannot understand it- he says that he shall do no ironing in the Summer holidays. I decide to set up my drawers and wardrobe neatly for the term ahead by getting everything ironed. Even if it doesn't happen at any other time, at least it has done here.
What's your view and take on ironing?
xx
I'd never have thought of pairing turquoise with red but it really works!
ReplyDeleteI love red and turquoise together, it's so vibrant. The skirt is gorgeous but the first thing that popped into my mind is: probably needs ironing! You know me and ironing. Anything that needs ironing, especially the tricky items, get stuck in the ironing basket for ages. And unfortunately, Jos has never suggested he'll do the ironing ... ;-) xxx
ReplyDeleteI love your skirt, the print is so pretty and the colour is lovely. I don't like ironing, in the summer or winter. :))
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is as vibrant and cool at the same time. I think you look positively beautiful in this outfit and with your hair tied back. Love the glasses too.
ReplyDeleteI love ironing if occasionally something needs ironing but I take the clothes out of the dryer as soon as the cycle is finished and I also have a wrinkle guard cycle that will prevent the cloths from getting wrinkle if I can't take the clothes out of the dryer right away.
Have you been to any charity stores lately?
Hugs, Julia
That skirt is beautiful! I don't think you even own an item of clothing that isn't gorgeous though. I don't iron, ever. If I need something ironed I get Jan to do it for me. I do all the washing and most other household chores so it's only fair :-) Mostly I buy clothes that don't need to be ironed though.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind ironing. I make myself a cuppa, pop on the TV and lose myself in it. That said, I do only iron things that need ironing. I don't iron jeans, bedding, t shirts - or anything that can be given a good shake to minimize wrinkles :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful skirt! I'd actually get my iron out for something that nice. Otherwise, the only time I iron anything is when I'm sewing. Clothes that wrinkle get hung up while damp to smooth out. I'd rather do other things with my time - like snuggle a kitty or knit.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Bobbi. I iron good clothes for a wedding etc. and when sewing. Otherwise things are hung carefully on the line to minimise wrinkles.
ReplyDeleteWhen people find out how little I iron they are surprised, so I must get away with it!
Love turquoise and red...so summery. All the best with the wedding performance. Xo Jazzy Jack
Is it Summer with you? Can you please send some sunshine up here?
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely skirt. Red & turquoise look brilliant together.
I'm fine with ironing although I don't need to do that much, if it's shaken and hung to dry on coat hangers it's often crease free. xxx
Very pretty outfit.
ReplyDeleteIroning is one of my least favourite tasks.
I iron most days, even if it's just 20 minutes and a few school uniform items.
I try and keep on top of it so it doesn't become a mini mountain, but after coming back from holiday and that the washing that created and the stuff I already had I spent nearly 3 hours working my way through it all!
Lisa x
Fantastic colours.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind ironing, but always best to keep on top of it if you can!
All the best Jan