
Louise at Polka dots and freckle spots did this tag and so I thought I'd give it a go, it being season appropriate.
1. What is your favourite thing about Summer?
Oh, the fact that I can walk to the park without getting wet feet, without having to wear layers. Being able to get washing dry. And all those hours of daylight make me so much more motivated. I just smile every time I walk in the park. And sleeveless dresses, shoes without socks, swimming outside, cheerful people.
2. Do you have a favourite Summer drink?
Not really although I always love a still lemonade- you know, the natural one that is ever so slightly bitter and slightly sweet. Plus, my Mum's elderflower and rose cordial with fizzy water is delicious!
3. Is there a special place you like to visit each Summer?
Well, it's definitely not summer unless I go to music camp in the Chilterns. I've only missed one year in the last 18 years so it's a summer institution. Also, now, I feel cheated if I don't go up to Northumberland to stay with my lovely in-laws and take a walk in the Lake District.
4. What's your favourite make up look for Summer?
Ha, make-up??? I don't wear it in the summer (or really at all). If I did, in the past, I would love to wear bright turquoise mascara. That's all I would wear and it was a fun look! I still have some somewhere!
5. Dresses or skirts?
Dresses, of course! So much easier! Fun and lots of variety. You don't have to worry about a matching top- you can make a fun skirt look boring very easily!
6. Festivals or vacations?
Oh, definitely vacations! I've not been to many festivals but I love peace, silence, nature and walks rather than lots of people!
7. What's your signature summer hair style?
"I wouldn't call it a hair style exactly; if my hair isn't
worn down, I just absent-mindedly scrape it back in to a messy knot or pony
tail to keep it off my neck!"- totally the same as Louise's answers. Or bunches if my hair is the right length.
8. What is your signature summer scent?
I don't really have one- I just wear the perfume I have which is usually my beloved CK Be (when I actually remember to put it on!)

9. Pool or beach?
I love both! I adore water. I like to swim but I much prefer swimming in chlorine rather than salt. BUT, I love all that comes with the beach- walks, breeze, cliffs, paths etc. If I could swim, I'd choose a river or a lake as there's no salt OR chlorine!
I visited Haltwhistle outdoor pool this week which made me SO happy. It was delightful!
I visited Haltwhistle outdoor pool this week which made me SO happy. It was delightful!
10. BBQ or seafood?
I like parts of sea food and parts of BBQ but neither are my favourite way of eating. I'm more of a veg person.
11. Do you tan or burn?
Both. I tend to get very rosy cheeks and shoulders but it often turns to tan in the end. I do try to hide under hats as much as possible though!
12. Favourite Summer song?
I don't have a quintessential summer song, I don't listen to that many songs!
I'd be delighted if you were to have a crack at The Summer Tag, if you want to, of course!
If you decide to blog about it, leave me your link so I can give it a read!
What's your favourite thing about Summer?


What a cute summer post. I love the garden best and the sleepy feeling after spending a few hours at the swimming pool.
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend ,kisses!
ReplyDeleteYou have great answers. I'm rather plain and don't wear perfume or make-up either as I don't go anywhere anymore.
ReplyDeleteI prefer Capri or long shorts in the summer. I have tons of tops to go with it. I buy all my clothes at Charity shops. I love unsweetened lemonade. Really puckers the lips but so refreshing.
Hugs,
JB
First off, congrats on finishing up another year of teaching! Your reflection post was so thorough and heartwarming. As someone who's been casually teaching recently, it's so valuable to hear the voice of a seasoned instructor.
ReplyDeleteAs for this post, I totally found myself saying YES to many of your answers. I also don't wear much makeup, prefer pool water for serious swimming, and adore veggies. Your last shot in that retro bathing suit and versatile hat is so cute. The weather looks perfect!
Much love!
imperfect idealist
I am grumpy cat when it comes to summer.
ReplyDeleteRandom stranger: "Isn't it nice all this wonderful heat and humidity?"
Me: "No!"
Bugs, sunburns, road construction, no tights, more traffic, kids freed from school, sweating...uh, no, just no. I abhor sweating and I love tights. Nice things about summer? The best movies usually come out...and play inside in air-conditioned theaters.
Another wonderful thing about summer can be a shot like that gorgeous one of you up there. I can already hear you thinking the 25 things you think are wrong with that picture but I thought it was fantastic. Made for an incredible break in the questions :)
Happy Summer!
It was nice to read your answers, some of them are exactly like I would respond :)
ReplyDeleteOoh I like a good tag post! I’ll do this for sure.
ReplyDeleteYour Mum’s elderflower and rose cordial sounds amazing… perhaps she’d be happy to share her recipe…??
I love dresses in the summer, they’re just so easy to wear - just add shoes and you’re good to go!
I’m just all about summer (when the sun shines!)
Hi Kezzie - ages ago you came and posted on my blog after coming over from Fil's - and I haven't caught up yet .. well now I am vaguely!
ReplyDeleteGood to see and thanks so much for your pertinent comment about Prussia Cove and the Mousehole Cat - singing in the animated version .. must have been amazing.
I'm still not posting ... but wanted to say if you wanted to email me - it's on the site - I'd let you know re the A-Z - since you expressed an interest. It's open ended ... and is over April .. and we start getting hoppity (!!) about it from late January onwards and panicking round about March.
Cheers for now and I'll be back posting in September ... enjoy the summer and your visits to the Chilterns and the Lake District ... Hilary
Loved your answers and photos, dear Kezzie! I don't know that drink that your mum prepares, but I would love to try it - elderflower and rose cordial with fizzy water... sounds interesting! I love water as well, and I loved to read your answers! Always so nice to know a bit more of you, dear Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
What a great idea from Louise. I shalll have to give this a go! Love the photo of you in the hat and cossie, jumping for joy!
ReplyDeletebeautiful seaside photos...I must admit they look a bit familiar to me:)
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this tag...I love Summer so much!
Summer dresses, warm light evenings, the chance to eat outside, the smell of freshly cut grass, an ice-cold beer, freckles - summer's great (when we get one!) xx
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about summer is when it is O V E R. :) And I'm just like you with the hair style and make-up. What make-up!!?
ReplyDeleteI think you have summer in a nutshell in this post!
ReplyDeleteZxx
Aw, I love the idea of this post.
ReplyDelete