The reception was back at Doddington Hall estate which was a beautiful setting with lots of space to walk around and the bride and groom had really thought of every luxury they might offer their guests from an ice-cream seller in the grounds, glowsticks for the music, flipflops in net bags, torches, treble clef chocolate lollies and personalised pens in wedding favour striped bags and more.
I wore a dress I bought in the Easter sales from Lady Vintage, this lilac polka dot and rose dress which I loved for its collar, Cath Kidstonesque print and being a button up dress. Its length was perfect for my Vivienne of Holloway petticoat.
I added a pink rose hairclip which I bought in Bali about a decade ago and my Irregular Choice Posie shoes and some charity shopped pearls.
There was some really fun topiary in the grounds including this spiral and a unicorn and a lion!
CBC was an usher and looked very handsome. He performed his duties dilligently and well.
We were staying at Doddington so in the morning, all the guests staying there boarded a vintage Routemaster bus to the Cathedral and back again.
Sadly, I was not on the bus that sang all the way back. My bus was very sedate so I sat and read 'The Hunger Games' which I had brought along with me just in case. I don't know what sort of psychological issue I have that means I can't seem to go anywhere without a book!
As I got off the bus, the bus conductor told me my dress was his favourite and he loved 50's style dresses and the previous wedding he'd been at, it was a theme. The rest of the crowd were obsessed with my heart-shaped glasses which I found quite amusing!
Here are just two photos from outside the cathedral.
It was a lovely wedding which I felt very privileged to be at. Today, we attended a wonderful lunch party back at the Bride's mother's house which was just as amazing!
xxx
Linking to Creative Mondays. with Claire Justine.









What an amazing setting for a wedding, looks beautiful. I love your dress, you couldn't have dressed better for a summer wedding. Fab!
ReplyDeleteWow! You look so fabulous! That's an amazingly-beautiful dress.
ReplyDeleteWow, you are looking so beautiful in that dress and I can tell you feel relaxed in it. It really suits you so well. Very girlie. Yes, I can see why they love your glasses. They do command attention and are a real conversation piece.
ReplyDeleteYou are very fortunate to be at this lovely Cathedral for this wedding and CBC looks very grand in his tux.
You were asking if my daughter lives in PEI. No but her husband was born there and they visit family and friends each time they come here. I have visited Anne of Green Gable many years a go. PEI is a unique place to visit. The people are lovely and friendly.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
JB
You 2 both look so wonderful, fancy and cool! And you popping out from the topiary was adorable, such a fun shot. The bus driver has great taste, the dress is beautiful and so sweet. What a find!
ReplyDeleteAll Things Bright and Lovely
Ooooooh, pretty! I love your dress, but you likely knew I would ❤ CBC looks very dapper too and I just love the bus and the vintage advertising on the side xx
ReplyDeleteThis looks so amazing Kezzie! I love your dress and the glasses are pretty perfect :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing place to get married, I'll look forward to hearing more about it.
What a wonderful treat to be invited to attend such an event! Thanks for the photos. You British folks have such gorgeous buildings, and they're so close. We have some too (not as old) but you have to drive forever to go to them. That dress is priceless -- LOVE the swirly photo of you twirling around. Good memories, Kezzie! Lovely photo of you and your hubby together.
ReplyDeleteI loveeeee your dress Kezzie! And it's awesome to see a picture of you and your husband! x
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely beautiful. What an amazing dress you wore. I love the sound of all the little extras at the wedding.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Kezzie your lovely posts and photos never fail to make me smile! You look amazing and that dress is gorgeous on you. I love the setting for the wedding and the idea of a vintage bus for the reception is amazing! Lovely post. - Tasha
ReplyDeletewhat an amazing dress! you look absolutely beautiful in this fifties inspired outfit!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that the wedding was held at Lincon Catedral! I didn't know they allow only four weddings a year. It must have been quite a privlage.
I do like that old timer bus....and I don't go without a book anywhere either:)
Oh, wow, dear Kezzie! Even the driver told you that your dress was his favorite and I bet it would be mine as well - I mean, it IS! You will say "but you didn't see the others" - no problem, it is still my favorite because I loved it! I really did, you know I love your style and dresses! If I could just "enter" the dress, I would ask you to sell it to me :) CBC was really elegant, as an usher, and you two are lovely together! I also would have liked to be with the crowd that sang :) But a book is also great! By the way, yes, such an honor! Lincoln cathedral! I was going to spend my birthday there last year (in the city), and ended up in Kidderminster. Not the best change, but I still haven't quit going to Lincoln one day!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
That dress fits like a dream and the colour is gorgeous on you! I carry a book everywhere, just in case. Nothing worse than being without a gripping read! x
ReplyDeleteWow, the wedding sounds amazing - I love all the little extras they provided. Your dress is gorgeous - you have such a sense of style - and I particularly enjoyed the photo of you doing your Wonder Woman twirl in the gloom. x
ReplyDeleteThe wedding sounds so amazing. I'd love to have buses at my wedding. Your dress looks lovely too.
ReplyDeleteLizzie Dripping
Haha, I can't believe you took a book to a wedding! I loooove your dress and what a lovely, grand setting.
ReplyDelete\what a beautiful dress Kezzie, love it :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing time, beautiful pictures x
Gorgeous photos! 😊 Love your outfit! I'm wearing a petticoat to a wedding on Saturday, because why the hell not? I'm going to add a paragraph to my post later to explain x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos! 😊 Love your outfit! I'm wearing a petticoat to a wedding on Saturday, because why the hell not? I'm going to add a paragraph to my post later to explain x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos! 😊 Love your outfit! I'm wearing a petticoat to a wedding on Saturday, because why the hell not? I'm going to add a paragraph to my post later to explain x
ReplyDeleteIt must have been great to attend a wedding at Lincoln Cathedral. I love your outfit, you look amazing.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing place to be married! Your dress is great and you have some nice photos of you and CBC too. Sounds like a lovely day :)
ReplyDelete