Sunday, November 09, 2014

Black watch over Northumberland

20141109_133203
We have just returned from Northumberland where we spent the weekend for WOMOTM's introductory birthday to his octogenarian years.  Happy Birthday to wonderful WOMOTM! It was a really delightful weekend, just the antidote I needed, zooming off to Newcastle on Friday night. I was (and still am) as smug as can be that I managed to get in to Eastcoast's sale in August right after the e-mail came through and gain us £12 singles to Newcastle each way, meaning CBC's and my entire journey totalled £48! AND we had Friday night and Sunday night tickets. This is truly unheard of!

I spent a good proportion of all train journeys sleeping as I have been suffering from some headaches but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of my family's company and a super walk on the Saturday plus an amazing lunch on Sunday. I'm definitely going to share the place we went to as it was really great.
20141109_133633
CBC and I slipped outside for some fresh air whilst dinner was being prepared and enjoyed a walk along the field.  He took a few photos for me. I am increasingly enamoured of comfy brushed-cotton shirts and dresses, just the ticket for the Autumn plus mustard tights and those DMs again. LOVE these shoes-perfect for muddy fields!!!
20141109_133636
This is the start of a busy week of WW1 performances for me- I am chuffed that my choir has almost a mini-tour of our WW1 repertoire.  We are performing on the steps outside of school tomorrow as a taster for all the parents whose children aren't involved. Tuesday is our official concert in the evening with a performance to the school at 11am; Thursday we are heading off to a residential care home to perform and the following week, we are heading to a local special school to perform to them.  It's going to be busy but I really hope, a success- they've done so well to learn around 24 songs in about 7 weeks! I am glad to have had a rest before this ensues.
20141109_133700
Just to look at these green fields behind me- makes me glad to have this sanctuary and family I can return to when I am in need of open spaces.

Thank you WOMOTM and J, I miss you already.
xx

Linking to Visible Monday and Creative Mondays
and
Click Here for Our Weekly Link-Up!



Ahrgh and I forgot about the wonderful Share in Style with Ms Papelicos, Sacramento- whose theme this week is shoes!

Join

25 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to hear your choir perform! You look lovely as does the countryside here. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, I love plaid! And that countryside is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the outfit and I like the countryside. Living in London, it's easy to forget about all the luscious scenery we have in England. I guess I'll have to make it to Northumberland one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a nice time and your location is so pretty! Hope your headaches are under control by now. And, yes, at last...mustard tights!!! As expected they look incedible on your gorgeous legs, dear! One part of me screams for more but this set was wonderfully enough for tonight. Today was really my day. I got to pet a llama and my evening has an amazing end thanks to you!! Wow wow wow :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work on the tickets- travel can be SO expensive! Gorgeous outfit and it sounds like a perfect weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with Patti, I would live to hear your choir sing. Loving the dress, it looks supper copy and warm. Nothing like a weekend away to recharge your batteries.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this whole look on you, including how relaxed and happy you look on your vacation!! I don't own mustard tights, but I might need to rethink that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely countryside, plus a great frock and bargain train tickets - excellent. I'm sure all your hard work with the choir will pay off, and you'll be very proud of their performances. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab photos, gorgeous setting and lovely frock! What a bargain with the train travel, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely - plaid is so perfect for autumn.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos as always Kezzie! Looks like a lovely autumnal visit. - Tasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bargain tickets- good work! I do love brushed cotton clothing in autumn - especially in a cheery check.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Practical and stylish-I like! Good luck with the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely in your Black Watch plaid dress ... charming styling and you look so happy! Nice to get away for a bit, I'm sure. Here's yet another thing I envy my buds across the big pond ... trains. We have them, of course, but they're used here mainly for long distances and are prohibitively expensive for us. Also there so few still running.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so confortable with this outfit. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look lovely Kezzie, love your tights ..aww hope one day we get to see a video of you and your choir ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dress you're wearing is adorable!
    Fabrizia - Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving the blues and greens in your plaid! They are so beautiful in your outfit!

    J Trogstad
    www.Blessherheartyall.com
    Join us for Celebrate Southern link up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a fun trip! So you sing WWI era music with a choir? That is really cool! As for Doctor Who - I was surprised, and felt like I should have caught it! I did call the Cybermen, though. Honestly, I never believed Clara and Pink's love...so that whole situation was frustrating and strange! But the END- it got so sad!! I loved it. I'm interested to see who the next companion is!!
    Miranda
    Little Gold Pocket Watch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Squeee!!! Nothing more precious than the spreading of joy through music and voice! Have a wonderful, albeit busy season! You look right and ready for country walks Kezzie, but I do hope you find a cheery raincoat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. spending time with family is always fun!
    The background does look lovely! such a splendid scenary...I can imagine it makes one feel relaxed instately!

    Your outfit I really like...and you look very pretty and cute!

    I've followed you with gfc and bloglovin so you'll probably be seeing more of me in the future.


    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kudos to you for the wonderful things you are doing for your school children and others!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Kezzie, my husband was born in Northumberland, how fabulous
    Thank you soooooooooooooo much for being part of Share-in-Style.
    Do forget to come back to vote on Thursday, please, it is all about the fun
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  24. I reckon you needed the wide open spaces and the time away to recharge a bit, that schedule sounds very full indeed. I hope all went went for you and the choir, I be they went down a storm.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)