My poem, A Spring Symphony, is going to be featured on BBC Radio Essex this evening at 6pm and again on Saturday at 6pm.
You can also listen at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08q3hsh though you have to listen to find the exact place where it features.
I wrote it last Spring (2025) as I sat in the garden rejoicing in all the sounds and activity of nature as well as human snippets. I haven't shared it before.
On the subject of Spring, I wrote a Tanka poem yesterday for day 1 of NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month)
Northern Glow
Curlew heralds sun,
Burbling in azure heavens,
Wings coaxing gold rays,
Below, by sinuous stream,
I echo this worship song.
It was the first sunny day in Hexham and we went to walk in Allendale. I felt myself filled with an overriding sense of gratitude to be there in nature.
Here are some scenes from our walk in Allendale.
The Museum of Classic Sci Fi.Wild Garlic.
The Allendale wolf
Lesser Celandine.
River walk
Highland Cows
Alpine flora.
Wood Anenomes
Waters
Stone Dale.
The ALLENDALEKS!
Iceland April Fools.













How exciting about your poem, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteYour walk looks wonderful, no sign of the wild garlic in our garden yet - I shall double check tomorrow! How funny is the Iceland April Fool's joke? xxx
Congratulations about your poem! I love the video you included at the end!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on you poem! I'll try and find it on BBC sounds. Barbara Kingsolver has a new book coming out called 'Partita' about a classical pianist. You might like it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and inspiring photos. Congrats on the poem.
ReplyDelete