Wednesday, May 22, 2024

TARDIS Thursday- Village of the Angels Yaz

Hi there,

Greetings from Lurgy-ville! I started to feel a bit unwell on Sunday night and now I have a fully blown cold.  Yesterday, I took 18 children from my Year 4 recorder club to perform in our local borough's annual recorder festival.  It was the first one since 2019 and is a festival I have been taking part in since about 1988! We had a lovely time (although had to wait 30mins for the last parent to collect their child!)   It was sad that only 3 schools (plus the music school) accepted the invitation to take part.  In past years, there have been dozens of schools. I wondered why? Is the recorder not being taught so much (wretched Ukelele)? Was it too last minute? I do hope that it will develop again more next year.

My children were really proud of themselves and really excited but nervous to do their first performance with other schools.  When I look at the children I took (one last minute was not able to come), I laugh at some of the children I have who used to be really difficult in Year 1 and who are now proudly playing the recorder and turning up to a lunchtime club voluntarily on a weekly basis! I am so glad to offer them this opportunity! The audience was very warm and receptive and appreciative and the parents were really excited to see their children perform.

For TARDIS Tuesday today, I am featuring Yasmin Khan again- 13th Doctor companion.

It comes from Series 13 episode, Village of the Angels.  This was a creepy but brilliant episode with tension in bags!

She wears a navy silky floral shirt from All Saints (The Adeliza Spirit shirt) plus a brown fur coat from Zara (and NOT her usual leather jacket!) plus black buttoned down jeans, tan belt and Dr Martens Leonore chelsea boots. She wears a bright red top underneath and her  Y and Z initial necklaces.


https://tellyvisions.org/article/doctor-who-flux-episode-4-recap-village-angels 


Here's my version:





 Not sure what is going on with my camera but it was very washed out!

With the exception of my All Saints blouse (which has a lovely jacquard fabric with nice big loose sleeves), the rest of the outfit is all other items I own anyway (the usual ASOS trousers, brown boots plus my G Star Deline coat from another Yaz outfit. I forgot to don my tan belt!



This was a good school outfit on a Spring day.

I hope all is well with you!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to have that horrible cold at the moment, I'm hoping we've dodged it! I hope you feel better soon.
    That blouse is fab, and i like both yours and Jaz's pop of red underneath, it really elevates the look. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of activities that took place before Covid has been slow in coming back, if at all. I'm glad you enjoyed getting to go this year, even if it had poor attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear your in Lurgy-ville Kezzie, and hope you're feeling better soon. I'm glad you had a lovely time at the recorder festival, though, even if it was a shame that only a handful of schools participated. Perhaps Covid is to blame for this, as it is for so many things ...
    The All Saints floral blouse is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling a bit better now Kezzie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kezzie, Hope you'll feel better soon..yes I lived in Billericay for 44 years, my daughter was married in Christ Church 1992.. I went to the Baptist Church, I'm now living in my home town in S Wales. I loved Billericay, taught in Sunnymede Key St 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You recreated this outfit perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)