Thursday, March 10, 2016

The 'orribly O-shaped shark

So this is a weird version of 'What is it?' where I tell you what I think it looks like!
It certainly looks menacing, it is liable to BITE,  it has a pointy nose and fin upon its back.
It's the OFSTED shark! Yes, ahrgh,we have OFSTED tomorrow! If you're not from the UK, these are our national school inspectors. Striking fear into even the most confident teacher's heart, it has been almost 5 years since they last came to us! Back then, you had 2 days notice- our last one was actually on a Monday and we found out on the Thursday morning. Now, we get less than 24 hours notice! I was at work till about 9 just trying to make sure everything is fine.  Now, they are here just for one day just to get up that you are still a 'good' school. If all goes well, they'll go away after the one day. If they think you're better than good or worse than good, they'll come back for another day.
I am teaching 2 lessons tomorrow (year 2 and reception) and taking assembly in the afternoon (as well as recorders at lunch and drumming after school. I'm not in class the rest of the time). I have no idea if they will see me or not, I was watched twice last time but that was during a 2-day inspection.

So many unknowns! I really, really want our school to do well of course, but I really want for it to go well for my head teacher and all our hardworking staff who do so much.  Especially as this will be my head teacher's first OFSTED as a head. He's such a supportive and hardworking leader.  
If you pray or are kind and wish to share positive thoughts please keep us in either of those!

xxx

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear Kezzie, I'm so confident that they will b e thrilled to find that your school is super good and the staff is super smart. You probably don't need my prayers but I'll pray for your intentions anyway. You'll see, you work so hard and you put your heart in your work and so do the others. I believe that we reap what we sow and from what I read in your posts, the children are all doing so great.
    Sleep tight. Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot about the shark. I see a hammerhead shark coming forward. His body is turning.
      JB

      Delete
  2. Oh this is like the easy setting for the game What Is It where the answer is provided. I really appreciate that actually, I am a little to overloaded in the old cerrybell'm to do my own thinking tonight. Great timing, prayers sent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers winging your way x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it goes swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well! I'm sure you'll be great and I hope it's good news for the whole school! My school had an LA inspection recently and was judged outstanding so we are now awaiting the call that OFSTED are coming in properly to confirm the judgement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everything will be ok. Don't worry, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so many unknowns make the event sound very anxiogenic!! Probably everything is already over, but I will share positive thoughts ... just in case! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, it does look like a shark!

    GOOD LUCK with the OFSTED inspectors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Kezzie, by the time I write this your agony will hopefully be over. I'm sure you will all be fine. Do let us know how it all went x
    Anna
    Anna's Island Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do pray and I will remember to send you some positive vibes.

    As for the cloud, this time nothing comes to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh menacing sharkie, hope it all went well.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)