Sunday, March 20, 2016

Swinging in the trees-a sneaky TARDIS Tuesday on a Sunday

 I'm sorry, I try not to post too many outfit pics next to each other but I cannot seem to complete any of the myriad draft posts I have.. Nor can I seem to string any sentences particularly well together.
 So I thought I'd share an unnecessarily excessive amounts of photos of my outfit from today.  I bought this Fat Face dress in a charity shop in January and it fits me unbelievably well. Fat face size 6 seems to work for me! It has pockets too. Comfortably well.

Church on Palm Sunday today was very happy and it was very warm in the church.
 Like yesterday, I teamed it with other comfy items- these Clarks originals wedges are so comfy it is untrue- I don't wear them that often because I always worry about rain with suede.
The black cashmere cardie is an essential for cold concerts in cold churches. I did a concert in December with a choral society (like last night) where there was no heating and the wind players were right at the back by a drafty door- I stuck ALL my regular clothes under my black cardie and rued the consequences of looking like a trussed turkey and was STILL freezing. SO I bought a black cashmere cardie in the Tescos sale that very new year ready for freezing concerts.
 I posed with my Pylones watering can handbag just because it looked a bit boring but then I decided to swap my items into it anyway. I tend to stick with one of my handbags all the time and never use any other ones. Poor neglected ones. I did give away loads when I moved.
 Yes, I tried it. And scraped the skin off my hands.That bark is HARD and rough and I have zero upper body strength!
 Mwa ha ha!
 And because we all love the daft outtakes...
I can't wait till Summer!

Thank God Spring is sort of with us! I like exploring different spots in my garden. This one is quite good and it is a MIRACLE I didn't step in fox poo as I was trekking to and from the tripod as there was some directly in my path which I kept forgetting about. Every time I glanced down and re-remembered it was there, I scrutinized my soles instantly to see if I'd been careless. Luckily not.
Which is odd, since I was dog-poo girl as a child. The one who ALWAYS stepped in poo when wearing new shoes. Sigh...

After church, I spent the time putting away washing, tidying up and emptying the final boxes of books onto the shelves. There are a couple of bags dotted around which need emptying and the dining room table is a tip of miscellanea but I think I've nearly got there. The house is looking RATHER* tidy! Maybe I'm not such an Impossible girl?

Oooh and I put lots of my bigger brooches onto a Brooch board (a heart-shaped memo board picked up from Aldi for a fiver!)

We went out to dinner with our friends too which means I have left over Pizza for lunch tomorrow.

xxx

Linking to Visible Mondays with Patti.
If we were still doing TARDIS Tuesday, this would have a Doctor Who feel to it- do you agree? Or maybe the necklace is too subtle without the TARDIS blue dress?

*I say rather. By MY standards. I expect the Clutter Police would disagree!


17 comments:

  1. I do get a lovely TARDIS feeling from this outfit! What a great dress and booties. Gorgeous flowers too : > xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun handbag! LOL

    I thought it was a real watering can especially next to the gorgeous daffodils.

    Too bad about scraping your hands. We all believe we are kids until we try to do something like that.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a real watering can, too. I've never watched Dr. Who (that is my nieces' department) but I have to admit that I love that Tardis Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that necklace is too adorable and I adore your Tarzanic attempt to swing from the tree. Plus it provided a wonderful view of your so-beautiful legs! Leggings, tights or none of the above, they are very gorgeous and a welcome and wow sight for me. Oh and speaking of that, your dress is fantastic on your figure too! You will make me a fan of Spring yet if you keep this up :)

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those watering can handbags. A friend of mine has one in white and I always want to swipe it from her! And cashmere is great for draughty places. That's the trouble when you're sitting - you get colder, quicker!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you thought about spraying your wedges with a waterproof protector. They're pretty good.
    Gotta love any dress with pockets! And that bag - that's so cute!
    I was a dog-poo-child too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:45 pm

    Love that last picture of you, so pretty! I saw a milk carton bag in Accessorize recently and thought of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Hazel, that spray-on Scotchguard is worth every penny.
    Feb outfit, crazy handbag. Still waiting for the daffs up here! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This won't surprise you, one bit, but I also have those Clarks wedges. I agree, they are so comfortable but the fact that they are suede always worries me. I constantly look out for them in Boundary Mill (a clearance shop near me with an outlet store) because I'd snap them up again in a second.

    Oh, I've been looking at accessories online today. Accessorize have a beautiful picnic basket handbag which looks adorable and perfect for summer. It's £31, even with 20% off, can I justify it? Can I?

    I'm now having a long missed catch up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect Kezzie outfit - comfortable and cosy and pretty, with a touch of quirk! You look lovely.
    Tidiness is overrated... Just saying. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kezzie ... I've not been visiting your blog that long BUT I so enjoy my visits and to see what you've been up to.
    That dress really suits you and that bag is truly amazing.

    Hope the rest of the week goes well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is adorable! I also love the photo of you hanging from the tree! It looks like such a fun afternoon hanging out outside.

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful your infos. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress fits you really well! You always find such lovely bargains in charity shops! I always forget to go and have a look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty dress and your necklace is wonderful. Clara should own one of these for sure.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your Impossible Girl necklace!

    I've been living dog-poo-free for a while now, but I was also a dog-poo-child/teenager/young person. On one of our early dates my Joe sat in dog poo in the park, heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The outfit has a TARDIS feel for sure, the hand bag is so cute - I really want some quirky handbags!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)