Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Putting my Pi in the oven

 Since moving, I've done very little craft, mainly because most of my craft stuff is in my friend's garage back in our old town and secondly,because the rest is in a box somewhere.

However, I wanted to make something for Pi day which is the 16th March.

***EDIT: IDIOT! It was Monday, the 14th!!!!! Not Tuesday 16th- which isn't even the 16th, it's the 15th!!!****


I decided to draw myself a simple cartoon of a feminine-looking Pi. This is not an original idea, loads of people have done this over the internet, including Kate Gabrielle who has a whole host of adorable Pi paraphernalia.  I wanted to order her Pi-day pins but I left it too late and I also got stung by Customs last time I ordered some of her stuff.

So I drew myself a cute polka dot Pi and got ready to put it in the oven.

 Stupid, stupid baking sheet, the foil flew off into the fan at the back of the oven and the Pi was wrecked!!!

So I had to make another one the next day. This time I put it in a deep loaf tin.
 And this time, it worked out!

I thought I'd show you the comparison between the original picture (I traced it) and the shrunk version.

Happy Pi day!

Sadly, I suddenly realised I am at the Royal Albert Hall all day (as you read this, I will be hoping that my 26 children are behaving, safe and singing well!), so I will not wearing it as planned as I will be wearing my Royal Albert Hall and Music School pins from the previous visits but maybe CBC might sport my Pi pin instead.

xxx





13 comments:

  1. Sorry about the foil flying off into the fan. Maybe you can use some pebbles to hold down the foil down next time. I'm sure you'll be making more. Your pi pin is really cute.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you too!! I made an actual pie for Pi day :-). Complete with the appropriate symbol on the top! We will be trying out gummy bear maths tomorrow, should be sweet, LOL.

    On my prayer walk this afternoon I prayed for you and your dear friend. Big hugs San xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I remember all the pie on Pi day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so confused! Me poor wee brain. And oddly now I am really in the mood for some sort of baked good..cannot figure out which kind though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Pi day. I'd be more interested in the pastry version than the maths version though! Hope the concert went well. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Pi pin is lovely! I didn't know that one can bake pins, that's a new concept to me...so you bake paper? I'm not sure I follow, is it some kind of special paper?

    p.s. to answer your comment, the blood dripping from her head was inspired by this Russian screen version of The Master and Margarita

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkRXittzuY4

    and naturally by the novel itself. I don't want to leave any spoilers in case you decide to read it, let's just say it is an important part of the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your ideas are so cute! I love this cutie pi pin hehe :) I still haven't tried using shrink plastic but I want to give it a go :) I hope it all went well at the Royal Albert Hall! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for introducing me to Pi day as I've never heard to it. I love the orininality of your posts Kezzie. Quite mad, always funny, totally you x
    Anna
    Anna's Island Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmmm pie, sorry, I mean Pi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so clever with your shrink plastic, love your Pi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope it got worn! And that your outing went very well.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)