Saturday, March 26, 2016

♫ "How Deep The Fathers Love For Us" - Stuart Townend ♫

My favourite song to sing at church is this one. It is very appropriate for Easter as it shows the deepness of God's love and cites Jesus's last words. The melody has a yearning quality which I feel really reflects the words.







How deep the Father's love,

How vast beyond all measure,

That he should his only son,

To make a wretch his treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss,

The Father turns his face away,

As wounds which mar the chosen one,

Bring many sons to glory.



Behold the man upon the cross,

My sin upon his shoulder.

Ashamed I hear my mocking voice

Call out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held him there,

Until it was accomplished.

His dying breath has brought me life.

I know that it is finished.



I will not post in anything,

No gifts, no power, no wisdom.

But I will boast in Jesus Christ.

His Death and resurrection.

Why should I gain from his reward?

I cannot give an answer.

But this I know with all my heart.

His wounds have paid my ransom.



Words and melody by Stuart Townend.

6 comments:

  1. very lovely, Kezzie..this one of my favorites as well and one that our family sings and plays for worship. Easter blessings to you, sweet friend.

    hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely song, thanks for sharing. I wish you a happy Easter. I have been a bit absent lately, I'm recovering from a really bad cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this beautiful song Kezzie. Very appropriate for the occasion.
    Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one is new to me. Wounds, death, sin, all such heavy stuff but the tougher sides of the event have so much value and should not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lyrics to this, they fit the time of year perfectly. Thank you for the lovely comments too Kezzie, enjoy your time up North here! I'm at work for most of the week but I'm hoping the weather stays sunny for you. I also loved the Doctor Who quote you shared. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kezzie ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)