Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Anthropomorphizing everything

 I know some of you don't get my 'What is it?' posts with clouds etc, but I remembered this photo we took just before we moved. I noticed CBC's rain jacket hanging alone from the coat hooks as everything else had been packed.  As I looked at it, it looked to me, like the face of a curious character eyes tightly shut with a rather eccentric hat on, an earring in his nose and rather fancy black lipstick on with a rather snobby facial expression.

What about you? Did you see my curious character or just a coat on a hook?
Do you find yourself anthropomorphizing everything too??


xxx

16 comments:

  1. Reminds me of George III. He could be a pouty bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I saw the face as you saw it, before I read the description! I think we all see faces in things! I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I totally see it! Kind of reminds me of one of those cartoons by the oatmeal. As Louise said there's something in the brain that makes us arrange things into human faces, I was constantly seeing people in my curtains as a small child. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think that collapsed garden umbrellas [https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA%253D%253D/z/LD4AAOSwq7JT~2iR/%2524_35.JPG%253Fset_id%253D2&imgrefurl=http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/parasol&h=300&w=300&tbnid=D_MT9kILxZ2akM:&docid=Zc0xkwIcrAL7QM&ei=4AXYVru-MsnF6QTOvoJw&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwi7rsf9m6TLAhXJYpoKHU6fAA4QMwhwKEswSw] look like Mozart's Mysterious Masked Messenger [http://miho-entwistle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/who-was-mysterious-masked-messenger-who.html ]

    I see faces and people in odd places too...we are not alone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw it as soon as I looked! It's a great face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness. that is too funny. and yes I see it and yes! I do that too :) I hope you're getting nicely settled in your new home!

    Tamara xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the face immediately - in fact I thought you'd drawn it on it was so clear.. I'm always seeing faces in things. When I was little, the knobs on my wardrobe doors looked like evil eyes looking down on me! I still loved my room though! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't see the face immediately, but after I read your description it was all I could see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THIS one, I can see! Clouds, no - raincoat faces, yes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I saw it! I like the shape of the 'mouth'.
    Hope you had a good World Book day.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep i saw the face!! Thanks for sharing, it was just the bit of light relief i needed today :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see him. He looks like he's smelling something bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, I saw it. I anthropomorphize everything too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I can definitely see it. I see faces in lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see it, and I definitely do that too. Nearly took a photo of a socket this morning for exactly that reason (apparently Danish electricity is just cheerier than ours :p) xxx p.s. hopefully you should *finally* have received some post from me this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw the face! Jan and I see faces in everything though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)