Welcome to the first of my posts for the Bloggers Art Gallery.
I persuaded my Mum to join in with this so she has
Welcome to my Mother's Art Gallery, sharing the pieces of art around her house. Let's call her Ros.
Above, we have the first piece of art work put up on the wall of Seashell Cottage where my Mum lives.
This was by K.F. Lane who was just 7 at the time- My Mum's grandchild.
Alison Wale is the artist of this beautiful piece. You will know her as the lovely Dormouse from View from the Teapot. Alison has generously drawn beautiful Zentangles for me and so I wanted to buy one from her especially for my Mum. You will notice it is Aurora Butterfly Moon in picture form. I was so pleased with it and my Mum really loved it! Alison does take commissions so contact her at her blog: https://fatdormouse.wordpress.com/. You will see her work feature in my own art gallery.
Last year, I bought my Mum this gorgeous painting from the lovely @Millicent Makes https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MillicentMakes?ref=ss_profile who is on Etsy. I know her from Instagram and I wanted to support a young artist starting out so when I saw she was selling these paintings, I knew I wanted to buy one for Mum. It came beautifully framed.
All of the items below came from my Mum's best friend who does the most exquisitely beautiful Pyrography. Her craft name is Hare in the Moon. You can find her here at https://www.facebook.com/hareinthemooncrafts/ and her items are so reasonably priced.
The next two pieces are both prints by Bridgette Lee of Bridgette Lee’s Whimsical Art
I like the variety of craft items my Mum has in her house. The next is a handmade Diorama in a book. It was a present a friend bought at a craft fair so she is not sure of the artist.
The next piece is rather special as it was made by my grandpatrents. The Embroidery done in the 80s by Yvonne Adeline Booth Clark (deceased) and the frame made by Herbert William ( Nobby) Clark (deceased)
This was on the wall throughout my childhood and I used to look at it with my eyes and imagine it like a very simple maze!
You've probably detected a bit of a theme with my Mum's artwork. This Mother Earth chair was made by Andy Beck.
The next item was a Handmade frame drum which my Mum made (I also made one in a drum workshop back in 2014) and she then had it painted by Elaine Morgan of Ellunaart.
The penultimate item was a handcrocheted flower cushion my Mum made a few years ago. She stuffed it with some polystyrene packaging that would otherwise had been put into landfill! You know where I get it from!
The final piece is the sign to my Mum's house. A friend of hers handpainted this sign for outside her house and it is a fitting introduction to what is a house full of unusual artwork.
Please feel free to leave any comments for my Mum and I will pass any comments onto her.
Here are the other participants:
Wembley: Link to come….
















That's an awesome and thematically cohesive collection your Mum has, Kezzie! I can see her clear influence on you too, not just in the cushion stuffing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely collection of art your mum has. I especially like Alison's zentangle - it's beautiful! And her cushion is so lovely and bright.
ReplyDeleteI rather like your mum's collection, especially that mother earth chair with the mushrooms on it!! This was such a great idea to share art!
ReplyDeleteI could live with many of these pieces. The chair is amazing. Arilx
ReplyDeleteThat was lovely and fun! So many pretty butterflies. She has a life of wonder in her home.
ReplyDeleteYay for you for getting your mum's art including into this. I can definitely see a theme. I really like the Cottage sign with the seashell and that embroidery piece made by your grandparents. A nice heirloom. You did very well with the creating a green man with two halves.I probably would have been stumped, but you did it creatively.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julia
Great works, Kezzie. Thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteI can see a real theme in your Mum's collection, a love of nature .
ReplyDeleteThat Green Man plaque is my favourite! x
Another eclectic collection!
ReplyDeleteThe first one by K.F. Lane has got to be my favourite. I’ve always liked how children paint the sky in a blue band at the top, and the grass as a green band at the bottom. I used to do it, we probably all did, but most of all I like her little ladybugs and bumble bees. And they all look so happy!
Alison’s Zentangles is lovely, what a wonderful gift to give to your Mum. The Millicent Makes piece is really nice too, very of the moment.
The embroidery it lovely. What does the wording say?
xx
Nice to see your mother's art gallery as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely collection of art your Mum's got in her delightfully named cottage! The Aurora Butterfly Moon picture is absolutely gorgeous. I'm loving the pyrography pieces too, especially the green man and the one with the hare. And that diorama is gorgeous too. I can definitely see the theme! xxx
ReplyDelete